The following points were tried in my shiurim during the past 4 years.
- Taught relationships (parents, family, friends). Then taught relationship to Ha’.
- Taught the beauty and sweetness of being close to Ha’ at a child’s level. Build up a strong desire.
- Got them involved during each lesson. Tried to interact with most of the students.
- Students were involved and participated during the lesson.
- Lessons were relevant to student and not just abstractly intellectual. They related to the material.
- Students understood that they can do it! This is not only for Tzadikim.
- Ha’ is our loving father who wants to see us happy and well. It hurts him a lot when we go through the consequence of our bad actions.
- Each lesson had example the students related to.
- To make the lesson more personal, we set up homework experiments. They reported back on how it went and what problems they encountered.
- Worked on not pushing away the Shechina. Stop bad habits and behavior.
- Worked on trying to get closer to Ha’ with very practical and doable suggestions.
- Worked a lot on Tefillah, its’ meaning and how to implement it according to Chassidus & Mussar.
- Explained the mitzvah of honoring your parents and its importance in the service of Ha’.
- Explained serving Ha’ with mesiras nefesh according to their level. Had them do experiments at home with this concept.
- Required each one to do 30 days of mesiras nefesh in middos-tovos. Then 30 days of honoring ones parents with mesiras nefesh because Ha’ commanded it.
- We also experimented with giving of yourself without getting anything back (Leshem Shomiyim).
- We discussed the concept of “doing without” for Ha’ sake.
For a full course curriculum you can reach me (Alexander Guth) at 855-294-6874.